Upload multiple pictures

I know this is available via the Android app now, Mars Edits etc.
What I’m wondering is if there’s a way for me to upload images to my site using ssh or a similar method? Perhaps pushing to my own repository?

Currently, the web interface misses this basic option (holding down ctrl or command and selecting more than one file). Is it easy to implement?

Most of my photo work is done on my Mac, and I use Emacs to create posts. I’m wondering if there’s a way to “talk” directly to the backend (it has a git extension built-in if this helps) and how complicated it is vs. nagging @manton about uploading multiple photos through the web interface, and, while at it, auto-save drafts, please? :smiley:

Based on the technical expertise I’m assuming coming from emacs… have you considered just doing an API request? API overview

I wouldn’t know where to begin. I haven’t dealt with APIs before, but I’m not opposed to trying. What’s the overall process (like bird-eye view) to do something like that?

If that’s the case, I would not take my advice. What operating system are you on? Your best bet is to use an app that uses MicroPub or Metaweblog API to interact with your blog to send multiple photos.

Well in that case I already have a workaround: syncing my exported JPG files on the Mac in a dedicated folder to the phone, and upload several pictures from there. Once uploaded, I can move them around and post them as I want from the Mac.

To answer your question: Mac, Linux (mint) and Windows, though Windows is entertainment mostly. I’m not a complete stranger to some coding and programming, but it’s far from my bread and butter. I learn best when there’s something I’m trying to solve (like this, for example) but this might be too much - I have no way of knowing :slight_smile:

Take a look at the posting API code linked above. And/or check out Humboldt and it’s code Maurice Parker - Shortcuts for Micro.blog.