Support import from Mastodon

It would be really neat if micro.blog supported importing posts from Mastodon, especially when considering that Mastodon itself strangely doesn’t support their own post export being brought in. Better yet, adding an RSS import in general like Substack has would work for that and more.

1 Like

This has been discussed on the timeline. Adding it here as well for anyone stumbling upon this thread.

Shouldn’t be a problem to add support for that. I’ll work on it.

2 Likes

What would be really, really great is some kind of Twitter import.

If this could let me essentially export my Twitter follows and follow/refollow with my micro.blog that would be huge.

1 Like

Just gonna bump it up with another request - Mastodon let’s you export your follows
in .csv file looking like this:

It would be great if I would be able to import this to micro.blog so I can read their posts in my timeline. Because adding this manually, one by one, is going to take ages.

1 Like

Micro.blog now supports exporting and import the Mastodon follows CSV file format. It’s under Account → View Mastodon Details.

2 Likes

Slightly(?) related, and also looking at a similar feature available for Twitter, I wonder whether micro.blog could support importing a Mastodon full archive (including posts and media)? At the moment, I’m able to export these in Mastodon but they don’t really serve a good purpose other than backing things up.

Absolutely, we’ve been meaning to add full Mastodon posts import. I’ll be working on that.

3 Likes

Cool, thanks very much.