Subdomains don't match

I am using a subdomain at the moment. But for some reason, these two don’t match:

micro.eilloh.net (is correct)
hollie.micro.blog (is wrong - has old theme, posts aren’t up to date)

Why are these two different? This is confusing - for a long time I told family & friends my blog was at hollie.micro.blog, but now if they visit that url it looks like it’s out of date and dormant. Shouldn’t it be the same as micro.eilloh.net, since it’s the same account?

EDIT: I changed my DNS so that eilloh.net goes to my micro.blog, using an A record instead of a CNAME record, and that seems to have fixed it? Now if I go to hollie.micro.blog it instantly goes to eilloh.net. So maybe this is only a problem for folks using a subdomain?

Following up here too… This must’ve been a bug. It’s supposed to work for either root domains or subdomains, and automatically redirect all the hollie.micro.blog URLs to the new domain. I think changing the domain name must’ve gotten it unstuck. So you could switch back to a subdomain if you want to and it should continue to work. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks @manton! But I’m actually going to leave it as the root domain. I’ve been messing around with self-hosted Hugo and then a couple other self-hosted things, and none of it is as fun as micro.blog, so I’m just having my website live here now. :slight_smile: