Wordpress import unsuccessful

I exported a .xml file from my self-hosted WordPress tonight, and then imported it into my micro blog. My micro blog imported only the tags and categories (creating new categories with those) but not the posts or photos.

I tried the import a second time, but that didn’t work. Any ideas on next steps? I don’t know anything about Hugo so I’m not sure what to try next.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

I don’t really know what else to try, so I’m going to attempt to copy and paste all the posts by hand, and then download all the photos and re-upload them to my micro blog. And then backdate everything by hand.

If there’s a better, faster way to do this, I’d love to hear about it!

Sounds like Micro.blog found something unexpected in one of the posts and stopped the import. Unfortunately the error reporting for this isn’t very good. Can you click on the Micro.blog logs page while running the import and see if any messages provide clues to what happened?

Also if you don’t mind sharing the WordPress export file, you can email it to help@micro.blog and I can look at it. Hopefully it’s something we can fix or work around so you don’t have to copy/paste everything. The downside to adding posts manually is it will be tedious to fix the dates, and also Micro.blog won’t be able to redirect the old post URLs for you like it can when importing.