Why are so often performance issues?

Very often, if I changed a template or similar, I need to wait 2 - 3 minutes or more that the changes are committed. Sometimes old posts then visible. Why is this? Seems that there are some serious bugs in this case.

Best
Thorsten

1 Like

Blog rebuilds are queued, there’s a rate limit on a full rebuild. If you go to micro.blog/account/logs you can see what’s going on. It’s very likely that when making lots of template changes in succession what is happening is as follows:

1. Micro.blog does a “fast” rebuild that is partial and designed to ensure new posts go up nearly instantly.
  2. Micro.blog starts a more complete rebuild to pick up your changes with a huge blog rebuild, that can take a minute or so.
  3. You make another template change.
  4. Micro.blog queues this build with a 1 min or so waiting period behind the other one.
  5. You make another template change.
  6. Repeat step 4.

If you make a lot of changes in quick succession you can build up a pretty long queue.

Mhh. I make one change after another and the theme editor shows when its done (there is a spinner over the update button). So I think I don’t create a bigger queue. Sometimes its really fast (only seconds) sometimes many minutes.

The spinner on the theme page, I believe, is for building the text blog shown in the preview pane. That does not reflect the build process of your actual blog underneath it.

I don’t think so. But it doesn’t matter because i’ve heard that there a problem today with a big backlog with background tasks. This would explain the observed problems today.