Where is micro.blog dark theme...?

This is a bit embarrassing, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out how I turned dark theme for micro.blog (the web app). I’m not talking about any of the blog themes, but the dark-purple theme for the main UI.

I have it on for one browser, not the other one, and I’m not sure what I did, but I’m pretty sure I did something. Anyone?

Micro.blog respects the user’s preferred color scheme. For example, on macOS the choice made in System Settings → Appearance is used to determine if the light or dark color scheme should be used.

Browsers might have the option to override the operating system’s settings, either out of the box or via extensions.

If you’re talking about two browsers on two different devices, it might be that you’ve configured the operating systems differently. If the browsers are installed on the same device, you’ve probably made a change in one of the browsers. Maybe installed an extension?

Well, I’m on Linux Mint and have a dark theme on. I have both Firefox and LibreWolf, which is a fork of Firefox.

On Firefox I have blue theme activated, on LibreWolf I have a dark theme. Micro.blog looks very light on LibreWolf and dark on Firefox.

Now, I wouldn’t be surprised if LibreWolf “messes around” with MB’s theming abilities, because it’s designed to be very restrictive, blocking cookies, fingerprints, and certain JS scripts from running. Firefox is configured to behave more like a “normal” browser.

I’m using Firefox for MB now because it has some extension I need installed and running, and I don’t mind running scripts from MB… and as a “bonus,” MB looks cooler, so that’s fine. But this is just odd, you know.

Librewolf blocks the media query for dark mode because they consider that fingerprinting.

1 Like

Yep. That makes sense. Thanks for confirming @jsonbecker
I’m perfectly fine with using Firefox “vanilla” for micro.blog, now that my mind is at ease :slight_smile: