Videos aren't working

I cross post from Mastodon to my blog, which normally works great except the last four or five posts I’ve made with videos don’t have the videos intact in my micro.blog posts. The post is just describing something that never shows up.

I also can’t upload videos from the micro.blog app, which means I can’t go back and edit a post and add the video after the fact. The Sunlit app will let me upload a video in a new post, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to edit a text post and add video to it.

So if I’m understanding this correctly, the Mastodon import doesn’t include video, and the only way to add video to a post that was cross-posted without it is to go to my desktop machine and manually upload that way. Is this correct?

Here’s a rundown of what’s happening:

• I post to Mastodon with text and a video.
  • But only text shows up on micro.blog, no video.
  • I go to micro.blog app to add the missing video to my post. However I can’t! When I go to Uploads and search my iPhone’s library to upload the missing video so I can add it to my post, the app doesn’t see videos, it only sees photos. (When did this happen? Why?)
  • I go to Sunlit to try doing the same thing. Sunlit will let me make a new post with a video and will see the videos in my library, but it won’t let me edit an existing post to add a video.
  • I have to come back to my desktop, go to Photos app, export the video, then upload the video to micro.blog, then copy the HTML, then edit the post manually.

This is…exhausting. :confused:

I am on the Premium plan, so I know that isn’t the issue.

Sorry about this! I found the issue with Mastodon feeds. Micro.blog wasn’t using the video from the feed. I’ve fixed the issue so it should properly import videos from Mastodon going forward.

For uploading… We had temporarily removed video upload from Micro.blog iOS in version 3.0 but we added it back in version 3.1. Can you make sure you’re on the latest version?

Unfortunately for Sunlit that’s true, no post editing. I’d love to add it.

Oh thank you for fixing the Mastodon import, that’s great! :smiley:

As for micro.blog app - I’m currently using version 3.1. I can make a new post with the app and import video that way, but I can’t edit a post and import video that’s missing from a post that was already made.

But maybe that’s not an issue now with Mastodon video import working again? As in, I shouldn’t need to edit any posts on the fly if the video was imported! :slight_smile: