Use my Micro.Blog Domain with Masto.host

Hi y’all! I’m looking at setting up a hosted mastodon instance through Masto.host, and I’d like it to be the same as the domain name I use for my microblog. (Chrishandy.blog) and I don’t want it to be on a subdomain.

They have instructions on how to do this on this page, but I’m not sure how to implement. Can I do this via some kind of plugin?

Any ideas or help appreciated as I’d like to keep my mastodon name pretty simple. Ultimately having something like @chris@chrishandy.blog (as opposed to the inferior @chris@social.chrishandy.blog).

Does that make sense?

According to that page you can set up a redirect. I haven’t tested this with Mastodon, but if that’s true, it should be as simple as going into Micro.blog → Pages → New Redirect and creating a redirect from:

/.well-known/host-meta

to:

https://social.chrishandy.blog/.well-known/host-meta

Let us know if that works!

Sweet. Thank you Manton! I’ll report back.

It looks like the challenge is having the query parameters pass through.

Is there a plugin that allows one to address something like these rewrite rules?

That’s interesting. No plug-in can do this, but I don’t see why we couldn’t preserve URL parameters on the redirect automatically. I’ll start by preserving resource and if it works well we can expand it.