Set post timestamp via post metadata?

I just published a post from an external app (iA Writer). This sort of works: The post gets created as a Draft which I then can fully publish on the micro.blog platform.

However when sending the post text from iA Writer to micro.blog I would love to set the post timestamp to a specific time as well. – Is there a way to specific the timestamp in the Markdown metadata at the top of the post text?

When publishing to Blot, I use the following:

Date: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM
Permalink: /customized-for-each-post
Tags: Tag1, Tag2

I’m not sure if Micro.blog lets you do that. But since it sends the post as a draft and you have to actively publish it anyway, you can schedule the post using the field on Micro.blog if you don’t want it published immediately.

1 Like

So on Blot you can set the post timestamp via the in-text metadata? That sounds pretty cool!

What are the advantages of micro.blog? What the advantages of Blot?

Micro.blog and Blot are completely different platforms. NOT tinkering with the metadata is actually a feature in Micro.blog. But you can use apps like MarsEdit if you wish. But others with more technical knowledge can let you know if what you seek is possible with Micro.blog.

1 Like

This sounds like a feature request for iA Writer to support a date field. You can’t set arbitrary front matter metadata from iA Writer. But because it sets the post as a draft on Micro.blog, you can edit the date in Micro.blog before publishing. Or schedule the draft in Micro.blog to publish at a date/time.

1 Like

Thanks for chiming in, Manton. Makes sense.

I just though having everything to a post in its text would be great, even for portability.