Reply to all mentioned?

Hey folks,

I suppose this is specifically aimed at @manton I dunno? :man_shrugging:

Anyway…I have a number of conversations with multiple people mentioned in a thread, many of which aren’t on Micro.blog. However, when I hit the reply button, it only replies to the person who made the comment I’m replying to.

For example, if I’m having a conversation with person1@micro.blog, person2@mastodon.social and person3@fosstodon.org, and person1 replies to the conversation, they mention all 4 of us.

If I then reply to person1’s comment, Micro.blog only mentions person1 - person2 and person3 are left out. I then need to go and look up their fediverse user handle and add it. On the mobile app, it’s fine as it auto-completes, but it doesn’t seem to do that on the webUI.

Is it possible to change the behaviour to reply-all, or add an option to reply-all? It’s incredibly frustrating.

Thanks,

Kev

Someday it may be available in the official clients. For now, you can use Gluon, which includes reply all support.

We also have a reply-all interface in our companion app Sunlit that I really like. I want to bring that to the rest of Micro.blog.

1 Like

Thanks gents, but neither of these options really solve the problem. It would be great for the reply-all feature to come over from Sunlit, but the mobile app is a lesser problem as it supports auto-complete. With the webUI having neither an auto-complete, or a reply-all option, it’s actually more difficult there.

1 Like

+1 for this feature request.