Profile photos

You can upload a profile photo just for Micro.blog by clicking “Account” on the web. Look for the “Edit” link under your current profile photo. Or, if you’re currently signed in, click here to choose a new photo.

A square format image will likely work the best, but is not required, unless you are using Micro.blog to host your podcast. The Apple Podcasts Directory requires a profile image be 1400 x 1400 pixels.

Until you post a profile image, the default light gray circle will appear with your posts in the timeline. (If you have a Gravatar account that uses the same email address as your Micro.blog account, Micro.blog will use your Gravatar profile photo until you upload one to Micro.blog.)

I believe my account is connected via Gravatar. How long does it take for M.b to pull in the latest version?

After over 48 hours I figured perhaps it doesn’t pull in the new one automatically. So I went in and updated my profile photo.

That’s strange, I thought the Gravatar changes were picked up immediately unless they are cached by Gravatar itself. Did you already have a profile photo uploaded in Micro.blog too? If so, it stops checking Gravatar and always uses the copy that is stored in Micro.blog.

@manton I don’t recall manually replacing it. But perhaps I did.

I’m still seeing my old avatar in the iOS app. But it has updated on the web and macOS app.

I think the iOS app keeps the photo too long. If you force quit the app and/or sign out, it should force it to refresh from the latest version, though.