Problems migrating away from micro.blog to Mastodon

Thank you! :wink:

Iā€™m having this problem.

Iā€™m looking into this for your account. I saw your screenshotā€¦ Usually if there is a problem entering your Mastodon username itā€™s because Mastodon responded with an error or responded too slowly. If so, trying again later may work. But if I notice any other problems Iā€™ll fix it.

That! That right there is one of the main issues I have with micro.blog

1 Like

Is this an expected response?

Error while processing the request. Please try again or email help@micro.blog. Check the news blog for updates.

Were you able to successfully migrate followers away from micro.blog to a Mastodon account on another server? I have tried migrating followers from @khurtwilliams@micro.blog to @khurtwilliams@photog.social or @khurtwilliams@indieweb.social

I have tried for over a year now. I still get the error:

Error while processing the request. Please try again or email help@micro.blog. Check the news blog for updates.

Iā€™m afraid I no longer remember how this experiment turned out. Iā€™m sorry I canā€™t be more help.

Iā€™ve just encountered this bug and searched for it here, didnā€™t find anything under the search terms I was using, emailed help@micro.blog, then thought to search again under something else and found this thread. @manton, any updates?

@cygnoir Thanks, I didnā€™t realize this was still an issue. I see the error now. I should have a fix later today.

1 Like

@manton I just tried again and it gave the same error.

I havenā€™t rolled out the fix yet. It turns out the reason this was inconsistent is that it only happens when migrating to Mastodon servers that require authenticated requests just for basic user lookups. Itā€™s a bigger change, but Iā€™m working on it.

Okay, I think this should be working now!

This is working now. Thank you, @manton!