The problem is that when I use this plugin, no posts appear on my homepage. I only changed CSS in my new plugin. I figured I must have messed something up, so I changed back to the default Hyde plugin to see what I’d done wrong. Unfortunately, the posts still do not appear.
It appears that the issue lies with the original Hyde plugin. Before I began developing this theme, I was using a customized version of Hyde that worked fine but it seems whatever I did to fix it is lost to time.
My guess is that it’s something with the paginator and post types but I’m not sure. The posts appear fine on the category pages if that’s any clue. AFAIK, they use the same “list.html” template.