Possible missing closing tag in conversation.js

I’ve spent the morning looking at all the recent updates to Tiny Theme that came in when I recently updated, as well as all of my template overrides to see if my markup is the issue. But nothing I do or change fixes this problem except disabling “Include conversation on post page” so I believe the issue can probably be sourced back to that injection.

What is happening is that on post pages that include replies, the site <footer> ends up inside of the page-content div, so perhaps a missing closing div tag inside conversation.js. Since this is coming from micro.blog and not the theme, I am posting this here.

Expected structure, with “Include conversation on post page” disabled:

Incorrect structure, with “Include conversation on post page” enabled:

No follow up here, I’ve had to remove conversations from my microblog entirely.

I missed this when you first posted it. I’ve reviewed the code and HTML on my blog… I’m not seeing any missing div closing tags. It does use <p> without closing, but that should be fine.

If anyone else sees this problem, let me know, and I’d love to resolve it.

I wonder how the non-closing <p> works when it is injected by JS though. Since DOM is already rendered I don’t know how it would know what it was followed by after-the-fact.

A p element’s end tag can be omitted if the p element is immediately followed by an address , article , aside , blockquote , details , div , dl , fieldset , figcaption , figure , footer , form , h1 , h2 , h3 , h4 , h5 , h6 , header , hgroup , hr , main , menu , nav , ol , p , pre , search , section , table , or ul element, or if there is no more content in the parent element and the parent element is an HTML element that is not an a , audio , del , ins , map , noscript , or video element, or an autonomous custom element.

I’m going to do some more testing on this when I find some time to revisit it.

Thanks. Perhaps we should close the <p> tags just in case. I’ll make that change today.

I’ll try to check things out again this weekend. Thanks!