Photos Page Plugin

Hello everyone,

Having some formatting issues with the Photos Page Plugin. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

I cannot get the “grid” format to display correctly. When I specify this option the page looks like this:

Selecting “masonry” seems to work, but the verticle spacing seems off (not a huge deal, but ideally the spacing around photos would be the same):

Is there any way I can tweak the CSS to correct these issues? Browsing other sites on Micro.blog it seems others have the plugin working perfectly. I can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong? Btw, I’m using Tiny Theme and have no other plugins that modify the photos page.

Thanks!
Darrren

Hello @darrenhester :wave:

I’m flattered that you want to use my plug-in. What a bummer that it isn’t working satisfactory.

The "grid" mode is somewhat of its own beast. It attempts to layout the photos automatically based on the available space and the aspect ratio of the photos. But for some themes, especially themes where the content area is quite narrow, the layout seems break. Sorry about that. I’m not really sure what I will be able to do about it. I might have to see if there are any new automatic CSS layout techniques that can be used. Feel free to experiment with CSS overrides to see if you can solve it. I would be happy to incorporate any findings into the plug-in.

As of the irregular spacing in the "masonry" layout (great spotted by the way!). That is completely in my control and something I can fix! :tada:
I will attempt to push an update to the theme during the weekend. From what I can tell, it should be an easy fix.

(The img elements are missing a display: block which means that the browser-native styling will add a few pixels as bottom margin since it will be styled as an inline element.)

Hi,

Since you are working on the plugin this weekend, is it possible to add pagination to the photos page? Is it part of the plugin or Micro.blog? Otherwise, all photos are loaded on a single page.

Thanks for the detailed response @kottkrig! Appreciate you adding the verticle spacing fix to your to-do list. :+1:

It’s a great plug-in. Thanks for making it available!

@kottkrig Just a quick message to let you know the latest build fixed the spacing issue. Looks great! Thanks!

1 Like

Fabulous! Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

@pratik, regarding the pagination: I gave it a go during the weekend. However, it was a fair bit trickier than I initially thought.

I might revisit it in the future but for now, I will need to leave it be.

No worries. Thanks for looking at it.