Oops, I broke my blog?

I’m trying to post a blog post (from Ulysses, but it also appears in the drafts here on the web), but I’m getting this error:

Error: Error building site: “content/2024/05/01/why-i-prefer.md:104:284”: got positional parameter ‘Always’. Cannot mix named and positional parameters

Now the entire blog is a mess, and I can’t even post on the timeline. :upside_down_face:

Any help? :sweat_smile:

I can’t see anything special at 104 - and I’ve tried to remove every single image, footnote and other things that aren’t just text…

(@havn@micro.blog / Havn.blog)

You are using {{< somewhere like a short code without escaping it so that Hugo knows it’s not a short code.

1 Like

Ah, thanks!
Then I at least know what to look for. :slightly_smiling_face:

I use those for galleries (which usually works!). And I tried to remove galleries, but maybe it got stuck rendering an old version.

OK, this is very niche - but I thought I’d mention it anyway, in case someone gets the same problem:

First I thought the problem was related to how you make raw blocks in Ulysses when working from external folders and regular .md files. (Told you it was niche!) But I think the problem was that I had used double quotes within an alt text inside the gallery! :man_facepalming:t2:

Yes, that’ll do it. The double quotes indicate this is a variable for the short code, hence “positional parameters” (unnamed) along side “named parameters” (something like gallery=).

1 Like