Newsletter Subscription Confrimation and Gmail

I’m slow rolling a newsletter for my blog. I’ve been testing with one possible reader and Gmail continues to mark the subscribe confirmation email as spam. Personally, I’ve tested this on Hey, Protonmail, and Gmail. Gmail is the only one that flags a micro.blog confirmation as spam. Is there any way around this? I would like to reduce friction for people who’d like to read the newsletter and happen to use gmail.

I signed up to your newsletter using a Gmail test account just now, and the confirmation email ended up in the spam folder for me too. There’s not much you can do (other than marking the email as not spam), unfortunately, but there might be some things Manton can do to improve email deliverability.

@manton: the email is sent from the hello.micro.blog subdomain, and it looks like there’s some low-hanging fruit to pick there, like setting up DMARC, SPF, and DKIM.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m looking into this… I thought we had all of those set. Hopefully an easy fix.

1 Like

Hello, is there any update for this? Experiencing the same issue with gmail, newsletter confirmation goes to spam :frowning:

1 Like

I tested this on 1-28-2024 and with a Gmail account, it is going to spam.

Would you suggest that on our subscription page, we add a note saying that to get the newsletter, you need to reply to the confirmation email and that some email providers, such as Gmail, sometimes mark these emails as spam, so please remember to check your spam folder and respond to the confirmation email?