Newsletter Sender Email & Name

I’m looking at having a secondary micro.blog offer a summary newsletter feature, but it appears that one can only use the micro account email as the sender. newsletter seems to be (username)@hello.micro.blog but it seems expedient with multiple blogs to be able to have ‘blogname@hello.micro.blog’ without the profile username as the sender:
“Blog name” blogname@hello.micro.blog. This could, like email, get confusing when someone emails a previously deleted blog that is active under a different user.
Is there an ‘authorized alias’ option for newsletter sending (alternative name & email) for a particular blog? I have not found such, so presume not

2 Likes

It’s a great question. This seems like something we could support. I think we’d need to add a preference for which email address to use, though, to avoid interfering with existing blogs and newsletters.

Well, It could just be a simple preference selection for the mailing list:
from <“User Name”, MB_UserName@hello.micro.blog> or <“Blog Title”>, MB_BlogName@hello.micro.blog> and both could still forward to the MB account email. Since hello.micro.blog seems to forward to the user email, messing with conflicting user acct emails can be avoided.