Multiple blog pages?

Hi everyone. I’d like to have two blog pages on my site, one public and the other unlisted in the navigation for my site. Do you know how I might do this?

On the page you want to unlist, uncheck this box:

yes, and thank you, but I’m interested in having another set of blog posts (so another blog page that’s on the main landing page) that’s at a “hidden” URL.

is that possible?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean, but probably what you’d need to do is categorize all those posts, remove that category from your index page, and then not link to that category page anywhere.

Sorry, I’m struggling to articulate myself.

I’d like to have two separate blog pages. The main page, which you land on when you go to my URL, and another on a separate page. That separate page would not appear in the navigation of my site, so someone could only view it if they knew the exact URL. Make sense?

Yes, and you can do this by making a category page, excluding the list of categories from your Archive (or not having just that category listed there), excluding that category from your index page list and RSS, and then linking people to the category index.

This is doable, but fairly non-trivial if you’re not familiar with Hugo. My recommendation for the easiest way to do this is use an additional blog, since you get 5 for free.

I am not fluent in micro.bog or Hugo (!). Not sure eI understand how to have fiveblogs. I use my domain ronkjeffries.com for micro.blog. Sorry to be so ignorant.

If you upgrade to Micro.blog Premium, you can have up to 5 blogs at their own domain name or subdomain. So you could have myblog.com and another-topic.myblog.com.

To create a new blog, click on Account and look for the New Blog button.

For having separate pages as in the original question, I agree that categories are a good way to go. It may require some Hugo template customization to exclude the posts from the home page, but we could probably make a plug-in for that.

You could also use two categories and link to them as standalone pages (when creating a new page, include the full URL to the category as the content) and then use the “Custom home page” plug-in to make the home page something more static.