iOS users can use the native Micro.blog for iOS app, available as a free download from the App Store.
1.8.3 — May 21, 2020
- Fixed username search.
- Fixed opening links to account-related screens in posts.
- Fixed navigation bar glitch when dragging conversations on some iPads.
- Updated full-screen photo viewer to not hide status bar.
1.8.2 — May 6, 2020
- Improved sidebar width on iPad in portrait.
1.8.1 — Apr 24, 2020
- Fixed editing longer blog posts when text was under the keyboard.
- Fixed a couple layout and color issues.
1.8 — Mar 28, 2020
- Added “Posts” menu for editing your recent posts. Designed for quick updates and typo fixes for Micro.blog-hosted blogs. Can also be used to publish drafts or delete posts.
- Switched to system font and tweaked colors and layout through the app.
- Fixed a few issues including missing push notification text.
1.7.3 — Mar 16
- Fixed issues and improved colors in Dark Mode.
- Fixed crashes when sharing some photos to Micro.blog from other apps.
- Fixed blurry thumbnails when selecting or filtering a photo.
1.7.2 — Nov 2, 2019
- Updated sharing text from other apps to not use a blockquote if there is already markup in the shared text.
- Fixed more iOS 13 text colors for Dark Mode.
- Fixed adding “playsinline” attribute for video posted to WordPress blogs.
1.7.1 — Oct 8, 2019
- Updated a few more screens for Dark Mode on iOS 13.
- Fixed updating timeline when favoriting posts in Discover.
- Fixed alignment of popover when selecting a post.
- Fixed disabling cross-posting from post options screen.
- Fixed uploading videos to WordPress.
1.7 — Sep 19, 2019
- Added support for Dark Mode in iOS 13.
- Added button for using Sign in with Apple.
- Added new emoji topics selection in Discover.
- Fixed layout issues with sharing extension and minor updates to other screens.
1.6.2 — Apr 16, 2019
- Fixed uploading some video formats.
1.6.1 — Apr 10, 2019
- Improved video playback (including future inline playback support).
- Fixed loading categories and cross-posting screen.
1.6 — Apr 5, 2019
- Added video upload for Micro.blog-hosted blogs. Video support is designed for short videos, about 2 minutes or less, and uses the same hosting plan as podcasting.
- Updated the new post and reply buttons.
- Fixed bug with external sites that don’t support categories.
- Fixed updating hosted blog information when account changes.
1.5 — Feb 5, 2019
- Added categories for new posts on Micro.blog-hosted blogs. Create categories in Micro.blog on the web and then tap the gear icon on iOS when composing a new post.
- Fixed a couple potential crashes and other minor fixes.
1.4.1 — Dec 21, 2018
- Improved sharing from Safari to include both the URL and selected text. Use the share button in the bottom toolbar.
- Improved text size to more closely match system defaults. The text in the timeline is slightly bigger now.
- Fixed accessibility when writing a new post so that VoiceOver can be used.
- Fixed sharing images from some apps.
- Fixed prompting for multiple blogs when posting to an external site.
- Fixed default siez when scaling photos.
- Disabled username auto-complete on iOS 10 to work around crashes. This feature now requires iOS 11 or later.
1.4 — Dec 4, 2018
- Added full-screen viewer for photos in the timeline.
- Added auto-complete of usernames when composing a new post.
- Added tapping on your blog hostname in the post screen to switch to a different blog if you have multiple Micro.blog-hosted blogs.
- Added option to set description on uploaded photos for better accessibility. Tap an attached photo thumbnail before posting to edit the text.
- Updated the following count in user profiles to show people you are not yet following to help you discover new people to follow.
- Fixed maximum size when scaling uploaded photos.
- Fixed potential crash when sharing photos from other iOS apps.
- Fixed layout issues on new bigger iPhones.
- Fixed sharing some web page titles.
- Improved accessibility of menus and buttons in the app.
- Improved showing push notifications in the app.
1.3.5 — Apr 21, 2018
- Fixed crash when posting a photo without any text.
- Plus all the photo-related improvements from version 1.3.4, including non-square photos.
1.3.4 — Apr 20, 2018
- Added icon to toggle square photos vs. original aspect ratio.
- Fixed crash when sharing from the Photos app.
- Fixed width/height tags for non-square photos when publishing to WordPress.
- Updated default photo size to 1800x1800.
- Updated delete message and added warning when replying with a photo.
1.3.3 — Feb 7, 2018
- Added swipe left on a post to view the conversation.
- Added feed settings button when writing a new post for quickly toggling off cross-posting.
- Added confirmation alert when removing a post.
- Updated character counter to not include Markdown.
- Updated sharing from other apps to not use the current draft or save it.
- Fixed compatibility with some XML-RPC servers.
- Fixed opening conversations from links in the timeline.
1.3.2 — Jan 9, 2018
- Fixed incorrectly scaling up small shared images.
- Fixed opening some types of Micro.blog URLs in the app.
1.3.1 — Dec 30, 2017
- Fixed sharing photos from other apps.
- Fixed error after posting photo to Movable Type sites.
- Updated fonts and layout in several screens to be more consistent.
1.3 —- Dec 19, 2017
- Added new app icon!
- Added “Show More” button to load more posts in the timeline.
- Added URL scheme microblog://post?text=Hello to automate creating new blog posts from apps like Drafts and Workflow.
- Fixed scaling photos shared from other apps and an issue with calling some posting APIs.
1.2.3 — Nov 16, 2017
- Fixed posting to Micropub servers.
- Fixed layout for iPhone X on more screens.
1.2.2 — Nov 4, 2017
- Fixed pull-to-refresh timeline on iPhone X.
- Fixed photo cropping preview on iPhone X and better filters layout on all devices.
1.2.1 — Nov 1, 2017
- Fixed sharing extension keyboard, iOS 10 support, and other issues.
- Fixed dynamic text sizes.
- Fixed more layout issues on iPhone X.
- Updated to disable landscape mode on the iPhone.
1.2 — Oct 30, 2017
- Added sharing extension for posting photos and links from other apps.
- Added following users list to user profile screens.
- Added automatic saving of post draft text.
- Updated Discover pane with posts and users together instead of photos tab.
- Updated layout for iPhone X.
1.1.3 — Oct 4, 2017
- Fixed potential crashes while editing.
- Fixed layouts on some phones and minor improvements to Markdown highlighting.
- Fixed external Micropub posting compatibility with Silo.pub and to show more errors.
1.1.2 — Sep 25, 2017
- Added drag and drop for attaching photos to a blog post.
- Added reply button when viewing a conversation.
- Fixed potential crash when typing a post.
- Fixed sending raw HTML for photos to Micropub servers.
1.1.1 — Sep 20, 2017
- Updated WordPress posting to always use “Standard” post format for long posts with titles.
- Added swipe left/right on new post text view to move the cursor.
- Fixed font size and spacing of post title field.
- Fixed post text covering up character counter.
- Fixed truncated posts when using “&” character.
- Fixed version number in Settings.
1.1 — Sep 15, 2017
- Added support for longer posts with titles. Type more than 280 characters to reveal an optional title field.
- Added Markdown syntax highlighting while typing.
- Added formatting bar for common styles. Select a phrase and tap the link button for easier markup.
- Added support for uploading multiple photos.
- Added a Browser sharing item to open the current post on the web.
- Fixed a potential crash in profile links and glitch when holding down to select text.
1.0.4 — Aug 11, 2017
- Fixed crash with the new “Share…” menu item on the iPad.
1.0.3 — Aug 9, 2017
- Added name, URL, and bio to user profile screen.
- Added “Share…” menu item for copying or sharing a link to the selected post.
- Added version number to settings screen and confirmation when signing out.
- Improved photo uploads, pull-to-refresh, and handling posting errors.
1.0.2 — Jul 17, 2017
- Added keyboard shortcuts when connected to an iPad keyboard.
- Fixed discovery of some external servers.
- Fixed alignment in post options menu.
1.0.1 — Jul 6, 2017
- Added support for Dynamic Type in the timeline and new post screen.
- Fixed IndieAuth error setting up Micropub posting.
1.0 — Jul 3, 2017
- First release.