Ink theme not showing Archive since Hugo update

I am not able to get the Archive page to work since updating the Hugo 0.91 for the Ink theme. I have stripped away all other plugins (for now), and also CSS (for now), but still no Archive page. All that is displayed is /archive/.

When I go to my back end, this error message is displayed,

Theme error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of “term” failed: “/crossingthethreshold_5a6005/layouts/_default/term.html:11:16”: execute of template failed: template: _default/term.html:11:16: executing “_default/term.html” at <.Site.GetPage>: error calling GetPage: page reference “/boundaries” is ambiguous

Any inisghts would be appreciated.
Thank you.

This is one of these problems that’s hard to troubleshoot from “the outside.” But I’ll do my best. :blush:

For some reason, your blog has a problem when it comes to rendering the categories page for your category boundaries. term.html is responsible for listing all the pages for a specific category, like boundaries or introverts.

To me, the source code for that template looks a bit off, but I might miss something. Either way, I would like you to modify the template to see if we could eliminate the error message. Try this:

1. Go to DesignEdit Custom ThemesInk theme.
  2. Find term.html and click it. (Make sure to avoid clicking terms.html.)
  3. Replace the content of the template with what I provide below.
  4. Click Update Template.
  5. Wait for your blog to rebuild and report what happens with the error message. Hopefully, it will disappear.
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
{{ partial "header.html" . }}

<body>
	<div class="container wrapper tags">
		{{ partial "head.html" . }}

<h1 class="page-title p-name">{{ .Title }}</h1>

<ul>
			{{ range .Pages }}
				<li><a href="{{ .Permalink }}" class="u-url">{{ .Title }}</a></li>
			{{ end }}
		</ul>
	</div>

{{ partial "footer.html" . }}
</body>

</html>

Thank you for this. The day is just starting here and so I have only just picked this up. I shall try it and report back.

Thank you very much for this. It has worked. I have now added the CSS that I had in place for positioning the categories horizontally, and the Archive page is working again. It has been helpful to learn what term.html does.

Now I will re-add the Search plugin and your Reply by email plugin.

Thank you again for your help.

1 Like