Importing posts from Write.as

I’m wondering if there is a safe way to import my old blog posts from Write.as to Micro.blog.

Any suggestion / idea?

I thought Write.as had an export format but now I’m not finding it. If you’re able to export your posts, can you forward a copy to help@micro.blog?

If there aren’t a lot of posts, importing by adding it as a RSS feed to your account could work too. Account → Edit Sources, and check the copy option.

Thanks for suggestion, I moved my articles using the RSS import feature. It worked very well.

Now I’m curious why you’re jumping from write.as. If you don’t mind my asking?

Jumping on this thread as I was looking for an answer to the same question. I think I’ve got too many posts to import via RSS.

write.as does allow you to export posts as csv or txt files. There’s a json option too for users+blogs+posts. You can access that from the export page.

1 Like

Thanks for the link. We’ll add support for importing this JSON format.

1 Like

That’s great, thanks @manton

Write.as is great, but I personally prefer Micro.blog due to its social community. :wink:

1 Like

Just revisiting the idea of moving posts from my old write.as blog across to micro.blog. Did support for this format ever get added?

Sorry, I was experimenting with this but haven’t finished it yet. I will try to wrap it up soon!

Write.as import has now been added.

2 Likes