I broke my federation

OK reset complete. I cannot see @alex@alexanderbellgram.com on either Mastodon.social, nor Indieweb.social. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you, I’m back to looking at this again. Perhaps my fix to work-around a change in Mastodon worked for micro.blog domains but not custom domains.

1 Like

Good news, this is really fixed now! I dug into the Mastodon changes more and I believe this was tripped up by a security fix from Mastodon a couple weeks ago. I’m sorry that it took me so long to track down.

I’ve confirmed @alex@alexanderbellgram.com and @micro@havn.blog work from three different Mastodon servers.

2 Likes

Confirmed! Thanks so much! I can see my profile now.

We are alive and kicking. Well done! :raised_hands:t2:

Anything I can do to push out the posts I’ve made to the Fediverse after-the-fact?

If I update from Ulysses perhaps?

Or do I just have to completely repost?

Good question. if you edit an existing blog post on Micro.blog, it will push out the edit to Mastodon. To be honest, I’m not sure what Mastodon will do if it doesn’t know about the post yet… Hopefully it will just accept it as a new post, although the date will be in the past. (There is also an optimization in Micro.blog where sometimes it doesn’t send posts older than about a day back to Mastodon. I’ll have to review this to see if it applies to edits, and take into account this situation.)

1 Like