Hyperlinks not underlined/color in dark mode

Hi, everyone.

When my site — schenkenberg.micro.blog — is in light mode, the hyperlinks look and work as intended.

When the site goes to dark mode automatically in the evening, linked copy is no longer underlined or in a different color.

Would anyone have advice? Thanks so much!

Stephen

I see it in a different color. It matches what’s found in dark.css (which does not specify underline).

You have a line box-shadow: none !important all throughout in your dark.css that’s removing your underline setup.

Thanks so much for your reply. Here is the CSS I’ve got. I don’t see the “important” line, but there are some references to the “box-shadow.” I guess I’ll try to remove those one and at a time and see what happens. (I’m not very informed on CSS and had added a few things via other instructions for specific reasons.) Again, I appreciate your response.

.cta {
  display: none;
}

blockquote {
     font-style: normal;
}
nav.main-nav a.cta {
	background: #fff;
	color: #006085;
	border: 2px solid #fcdae9;
}

h4.p-role {
  display: none;
}

nav.main-nav a.cta:hover {
	background: #fcdae9;
	color: #00A0DC;
}

nav.main-nav a, #footer a, #post-nav a, p a{
   box-shadow: inset 0 -2px 0 #00A0DC;
}

nav.main-nav a:hover, #footer a:hover, #post-nav a:hover, p a:hover {
	box-shadow: inset 0 -25px 0 #00A0DC;
}

p {
  font-size: .95em;
}

(Also, thanks for pointing out the slightly different color, which I hadn’t noticed.)

You can see it here in the dark.css file.

1 Like

Thanks so much again. This is all new to me, so I’m not sure how to access the dark.css file to remove that line. If there’s something simple to suggest, I’d welcome it. But I don’t want to put you out.

You can change the content of that file with a custom theme, but my vote is on @manton fixing this for everyone in the Marfa Dark Mode Plug-in.

2 Likes

Thanks, it’d be great to see that fixed if possible. In the meantime, if there’s a way to make sure the linked copy stays underlined — or maybe to suppress the dark theme altogether — I’d welcome the tip.

You can uninstall the dark mode plug-in by navigating to Plug-ins and hitting Uninstall next to Marfa dark mode.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your help.

1 Like