How have you found Micro.blog?

It should be interesting understanding how people have found Micro.blog.

I personally found Micro.blog via a search engine (I was looking for a microblog alternative from most well known services).

Via a link to Kickstarter on some tech blog way back in 2017

2 Likes

I found Mb on Mastodon. Someone there recommended it. I had never heard of it. Then I did some research about it on the web and found it very interesting. I was also looking for a blogging alternative to well-known services. I’d like to post longer posts, but don’t have much blogging experience other than using Twitter (then) and Mastodon (now). I think Mb is a friendly community where I feel safe trying this and gaining experience. Here I am now.

1 Like

discovered it via a maton post on a HUGO dev/support/blog or maybe reddit?

1 Like

IndieWeb wiki.

1 Like

IndieWeb lurking. But honestly, I forgot about it. I was reintroduced when they advertised in some podcasts (Penaddict/Relay.fm ads if you want to know, micro.blog crew :slight_smile: ). But right now, just struggling between wanting to use it out of principle but feeling it may not fit my needs?

1 Like

I think I found it through IndieWeb lurking, but may have also been through an intense search engine session looking for a hugo based CMS.

1 Like

I found out by listening to the Core Intuition podcast with Manton Reece and Daniel Jalkut.

1 Like

I think I first heard it mentioned on a podcast. However, it was a blog post by @ayjay that convinced my to sign up for a trial. After lurking and observing the wonderful community interactions for a few days, I felt the urge to reply and participate in those interactions and that is what caused me to subscribe just now.

1 Like