How do I change my custom domain name for the fediverse

I read that “In Micro.blog on the web, click Account → ActivityPub. You will be prompted to select a username. A paid hosted microblog is required, and if you have a custom domain name for your blog, you can use that or just micro.blog.”

Right now mine is melvyndotme@micro.blog

So, how do I change it to a custom domain name since I already have a custom domain for my blog.

Thanks!

When changing your domain name, you need to go to Account → Show Fediverse Details and click the Reset button. We don’t do this automatically right now because unfortunately it resets your followers on Mastodon. Looking for a way around that in the future so that the migration is more seamless.

Yes please!

Got it Manton.

Like to ask for your opinion.

I’ve set up a public digital notebook (which is melnot.es), a ‘blog’ for the podcast (which will be another custom URL - haven’t decided yet), and then a social micro-blog (which will be another custom URL).

For the social micro-blog, I want it to federate to bluesky, mastodon, and threads (if that’s possible). Because that micro.blog can do this, I want this social micro-blog to be “my own server”.

What do you think of this? Is micro.blog suited for this purpose?

1 Like