"Error publishing your microblog: Error building site: logged 1 error(s) View logs"

Lately, whenever I view the Timeline in my web browser, I see the above message in red at the top of the page.

I just now wrote and published a post using my web browser and using microblog’s ability to start a new post from the Bookshelves section.

I successfully created the post, no problem. But going back to the Timeline, that damn message is still there.

My question is: what if anything am I supposed to do about it? I can view All Logs or view Errors, and see a list of messages, but there’s nothing clickable there. And all the errors say is

“Error: Error building site: logged 1 error(s)”

OK, so what error are we talking about? I just don’t get the usefulness of this message unless it’s to alert Support and then they can do something useful with it.

In any case, at the very least, I’d love to see the end of this message appearing at the top of my Timeline page every time I visit microblog.

Can you check here?

Those are the logs, and there may be an error there that we can help resolve.

Yes, that’s the page I referred to when I said "I can view All Logs or view Errors, and see a list of messages, but there’s nothing clickable there. And all the errors say is
“Error: Error building site: logged 1 error(s)”.

I still see the “error publishing your microblog” but no time is indicated. I’ve not touched the blog since last night, so why is the error still displayed?

Does “Feed” refer to the newsletter feed? Because I do not have the newsletter option enabled.

The logs are very strange to me. The logging starts at 2023-09-22 00:09:47 and seems to repeat every 4-6 minutes so that there are logs all night long saying either “Feed:not modified” or “Feed:downloading feed.”

Is there something I need to change in my setup?

Hehe, yeah, that wasn’t a very helpful error message. :blush: Which version of Hugo is your blog running? If it’s at 0.54, change it to 0.91 and force a rebuild of your site.

You can see and change the Hugo version by navigating to the Design page in the Micro.blog web client.

Thanks, sod. I didn’t know I could update the Hugo version.

It was at 0.54, and there was this red error message: Theme error: Error building site: logged 1 error(s)

I changed it to 0.91 and saved the settings. Went back to the Logs/Errors page and clicked the Rebuild button. We’ll see how it goes. Thanks!

Glad that fixed it! I think it’s probably time we automatically upgrade everyone to Hugo version 0.91. At least for people not using a custom theme.

Updating to 0.91 did NOT fix the issue.

However, updating to 0.117 DID fix the issue. The red labeled warnings about errors and theme are now gone. (I don’t use a custom theme, just out of the box microblog).

Very relieved to have that solved.