Domain Name Lost? Please Assist

Howdy. I’m wondering if you can help.

PROBLEM
When I started with micro.blog, I transferred my domain (mguhlin.org) from Google Domains to micro.blog. The problem is that I committed the fatal mistake of deleting the micro.blog it was pointing to. Now, I see the domain name listed, but I get errors when I try to go to it, or try to do anything with it.

I checked with Name, but the domain doesn’t appear there for me, so I’m guessing micro.blog has it. I have emailed help@micro.blog, and I don’t want to be a pain, but I’m wondering what the status of request is.

WHAT I WANT
To transfer the mguhlin.org domain away from micro.blog (back to where I had it), I need an auth code. Where can I find that auth code in micro.blog?

HAPPY NEWS
Aside from that, I’m happy with my micro.blog at https://mgblog.org and everything is great. I’m loving all the apps available to record podcasts, etc.

Thanks to anyone who has an insight on this, and if an admin sees this, just let me know when this might be resolved. I understand if you’re busy.

With appreciation,
Miguel Guhlin
https://mgblog.org

Glad you’re enjoying Micro.blog! I’ll follow up in email too, but you should be able to access the auth code to transfer your domain here: Micro.blog. Click on “View records”, then “Show auth code”. Although we do use Name.com for registration, you can’t actually sign in to Name.com directly, so you have to manage the domain records and transfer from within Micro.blog.

Manton, thanks for the response. It is much appreciated.

Alas, as I shared via email, the VIEW RECORDS button for the domain I want to move out (mguhlin.org) generates a “SITE NOT FOUND” error. So, please send auth code via email and I will move it out.

No changes are needed to mgblog.org domain or how its interacting with mguhlin.micro.blog. That’s working great.

:slight_smile:

With appreciation,
Miguel

Ah, I guess that does make sense if the blog was deleted that was associated with the domain. I should be able to improve this going forward. Thanks!