Displaying Bookmarks Publicly

And there we are … all done and working …

Thankyou.

And of course the random collection of resultant bookmarks clearly demonstrates different ways I have been using them over time … next job is to clean up … and then enable what I am thinking.

1 Like

I too use Bookmarks to well, bookmark posts and replies on Micro.blog so not sure how useful they will be to display publicly. But I was following this thread to see that it’s possible.

In your case, it’s another option instead of Pinboard. Would have to be used with that in mind.

I added a new bookmark on MicroBlog yesterday … at this point it still isn’t showing on my bookmarks page … I assumed there would be a delay … any idea how long?

Your bookmarks page updates every time your blog is built. That happens, for example, when a post or page is published (or edited). But also when you change settings related to your blog. And, at any point in time, you can choose to manually start a build.

It would be really cool if adding a new bookmark automatically triggered a build but that’s something only @manton can implement.

Aah, I see - thankyou for the clarity Sven.

Just as an FYI-- books work the same way. Adding these kind of “data” elements don’t trigger blog builds, only posts do.

Seems like we should change this to automatically republish the blog. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes