Cross-posting and scheduled posts issues

Hello,

I’m encountering several issues with cross-posting and scheduling posts.

Context:

I recently subscribed to a second blog. My main blog has a Premium subscription, while the second one has a regular subscription.

The main blog is set up to cross-post to my personal Mastodon account, and the second blog is set up to cross-post to a project-specific Mastodon account.

Issue 1:

When I create a new post with the main blog selected, the “Show Cross-posting” option correctly displays the Mastodon account linked to that blog.

However, if I switch to the second blog, the “Show Cross-posting” option still shows the Mastodon account configured for the first blog.

Issue 2 (possibly related to Issue 1):

When composing a new post with the main blog selected, using “Schedule Post…” refreshes the editor and correctly displays the linked Mastodon account.

But when composing a new post with the second blog selected, using “Schedule Post…” refreshes the editor and incorrectly displays the Mastodon account for the first blog.

Issue 3:

Continuing Issue 2, when the scheduled time arrives and the post is published from the second blog, it fails to cross-post to Mastodon. This may be due to Issues 1 and 2, as it seems not to be linked to the correct Mastodon account.

Please let me know if you need any further information, screenshots, or videos to address these issues.

Thanks!

Cheers,

Thanks, I’m taking a look at these. When you have multiple blogs, sometimes Micro.blog isn’t sure which cross-posting options should be enabled, so it shows everything just in case. But the settings on the feed will still control this. In other words, if your second blog isn’t configured for Mastodon cross-posting, even though the checkbox appears it won’t have any affect.

A quick follow-up on issue 2: I think we should display the blog name on the draft editing page which appears after scheduling a post. I’m realizing that this is pretty confusing if you have multiple blogs.

I’m going to make a couple changes today to improve this. Thanks!

Thanks Manton. Mastodon cross-posting is configured for both blogs.

(…) sometimes Micro.blog isn’t sure which cross-posting options should be enabled, so it shows everything just in case.

In my scenario, it never shows the second Mastodon account. No matter if I’m using the main blog, or my second blog, only the Mastodon account associated to the main blog is displayed.

This is what I see when I select the first blog and “Show Cross-posting” option:

This is what I see when I select the second blog and “Show Cross-posting” option:

In both cases it shows the Mastodon account configured for cross-posting entries from the main blog (first one).

Thanks. But the actual problem I’m facing in the Issue 2 isn’t a missing name for the blog. When I’m composing a post for the second blog and click to schedule, the editor is reloaded (to show the title and timestamp fields), and the Mastodon account it shows is the one configured for the first blog.

And I believe that’s why the Issue 3 happens. When it scheduled the post, it schedules for an invalid mastodon account for that blog.

Sorry, yes, I understand. I just noticed that it can be confusing sometimes about which blog is being used.

I just rolled out a change so that the cross-posting options should better match which blog is being used. Let me know if it looks better (or worse!) for you. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi @manton! Thank you for all the changes. I have tested Issues 1 and 2 and can no longer reproduce them. I haven’t tried Issue 3 yet, but I believe it is related to Issue 2. I will give it a try tomorrow. Once again, thank you so much for your prompt response and the patch.

Hi @manton,

I scheduled a post for today, set to cross-post to my Mastodon account. The post was successfully published here, but it did not appear in my Micro.blog timeline, nor did it cross-post to Mastodon.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Update: The post is now live on both Mastodon and the Micro.blog timelines. It was originally scheduled for 6 pm and appeared on the blog around 6:30 pm. However, on Mastodon and the Micro.blog timelines, it became visible at 11 pm.

// Central European Time (CET), GMT+1