Can't sign into Mac App

Hello

I am in the process of switching from Wordpress to Micro Blog to host my content and am having some trouble with the setup process. Specifically, I am unable to sign in using the Mac app. Here are the steps to replicate my issue:

1. Download the app for Mac from micro.blog.
  2. Copy the app to the applications folder.
  3. Open the app.
  4. Click the sign in button.
  5. Safari opens. I’m already signed in there.
  6. I click the link to go back to the app.
  7. I receive a “token not found” message.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.

If you go to your token page can you see the “Micro.blog for Mac” token?

I actually ran into this myself the other day because I cleared all my app tokens. Definitely check that page as @simonwoods suggested. Also, if you quit the Mac app and try again, does it work then? I think this fixes itself but I’m looking into why it shows that error sometimes.

@manton Hi Manton! When I signed in to the MacOS app just now I was signed in as https://danielpunkass.micro.blog/ . I do not have any association with this blog or account. I tested while I was in this state and I was not able to post anything to their blog (phew), but it was a bizarre issue that I wanted to flag.

Thank you, we’ve seen this happen when the token is cleared in Micro.blog. If you sign out of the Mac app and sign back in, it should fix itself, but I’m hoping to fix this bug as soon as possible.

No problem, I mostly just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a true session-jack and that it was on your radar. Thanks!