Bug? Deleted post not deleted

Good morning. I changed the title and creation date of a post and that duplicated the post and linked image on the web interface and RSS feed. However, as shown on one of the attached images, the post is not on the posts list on the admin interface. I though it could be cache, but it’s ben about 24h since I edited the post.

Blog: https://vladcampos.micro.blog

Sorry about that. I’ve cleared out another cache used by Micro.blog and the duplicate should be gone now. We’ve seen a couple bugs related to duplicating files and I thought I had them all fixed, but I’ll take another look at this.

Thanks!

1 Like

Finally tracked this down. I’ll have a fix soon. As another work-around if it ever happens again, usually Account → View logs → Rebuild also forces Micro.blog to republish your blog and it won’t have any deleted files still hanging around.

UPDATE: It looks like it was something to do with the Photos Page Plugin. I tweak the settings, saved it, and the phots came back.

I’m sorry to say, but I don’t think it is fixed :smiling_face_with_tear:

When you did the reset a couple of days ago, it worked. But today I imported a xml file from WordPress and now I don’t see my fotos online at /photos. I can see them on the admin panel, but not on the website.

I did the reset that you suggested and even removed and added the Photos folder on the admin interface. I also clicked the “Update Page” inside the Photos folder. Unfortunately, non of these worked.

Below the errors I’m getting from the logs page, but I don’t think this has enything to do with the photos folder. It looks like it is related to the YouTube Embed Shortcode Plugin.

2023-12-24 13:35:38 Error: Error building site: “content/2021/07/14/will-the-world.md:24:1”: failed to extract shortcode: template for shortcode “v” not found
2023-12-24 13:19:29 Error: Error building site: “content/2023/06/25/adtpro-tutorial-audio.md:21:1”: failed to extract shortcode: template for shortcode “YT” not found
2023-12-24 13:19:21 Error: Error building site: “content/2023/06/25/adtpro-tutorial-audio.md:21:1”: failed to extract shortcode: template for shortcode “YT” not found
2023-12-23 23:57:54 Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: render of “page” failed: “layouts/_default/baseof.html:5:35”: execute of template failed: template: _default/list.archivehtml.html:5:35: executing “_default/list.archivehtml.html” at <partial “navigation.html” .>: error calling partial: partial “navigation.html” not found
2023-12-23 22:10:51 Error: Error building site: “content/2023/12/23/futureproofing-my-online.md:61:1”: failed to extract shortcode: template for shortcode “yt” not found

But there is a lot of this one (an unendable list):

2023-12-22 17:13:58 Feed: Unknown exception SocketError

Without seeing the content and what shortcode you’re using and knowing if you have that short code installed or not and what version of Hugo you’re on, it’s not going to be possible to help. Each of those are cases of a shortcode not being used right (or being missing because you changed to a theme that lacks that short code and it wasn’t installed as its own plugin).