Bluesky crossposting broken for longer texts?

Folks; is there any issue known about crossposting longer texts to Bluesky? It seems for a while such posts won’t go through anymore resulting in neither an error message of some sort or an actual post of any kind on Bluesky. How to fix that…?
Thanks and best,
Kristian

I just checked my own account (jsonbecker.bsky.social) and I see all of my recent posts, including titled posts and short posts. I have not written title-less posts that exceed the character limit and should be truncated with a link though, if that’s the case you’re talking about.

This one, in example: Out in the wild. – seems it’s slightly longer, but only stays on micro.blog. Does the fact I am importing this from my own external blog matter here?

Maybe? I don’t have that setup and I’m not that familiar with it.

Hmmm… Thanks anyway. So I need to switch back to Friendica crossposting to Bluesky for the time being (which has its own share of flaws, but guess that’s how it is. :see_no_evil: )

I just reviewed our Bluesky cross-posting and confirmed this is a bug in posts without a title that are over 300 characters, which is Bluesky’s post limit. Longer posts are not being truncated correctly by Micro.blog and so the post gets rejected by Bluesky.

Working on a fix that should be out by tomorrow.

1 Like

Ah ok, thanks for looking into that, greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

This fix has now been rolled out.

1 Like

Checked, seems to work now. Thanks very much! :slight_smile: