Adjusting filters

@manton is it possible to tweak the way filters work especially now that we can import posts via an external feed? I have a category ‘Macro Posts’ where I use a filter to categorize all long posts with a title. But now, importing my Letterboxd watch history gets tagged as a ‘macro post’ because the movie name is in the title hence the post has a title.

Can you add another condition to exclude long posts that contain certain other words, emojis, etc? For e.g. categorize posts all long posts with a title EXCEPT ones that contain “______” word/emoji

+1. would love to be able to filter content from a feed directly to a specific category.

Yes. I have spent a good amount of time trying to figure out how to get my trak.tv feeds automatically going into a specific category on my micro.blog. I think maybe this is impossible at the moment? I thought that would be a straightforward thing, so I’m hoping I’m just missing something. The feed items don’t have any consistent keywords that I can use in the current filter settings.

I totally forgot that I created this thread :sweat_smile: I blogged about it yesterday and @manton replied to that post saying, it’s on his radar.

@scrooks Were you able to figure out how to automatically apply a category to a post from RSS Feeds? I am at the same crossroad.

Filters haven’t changed in a while. Best bet for something like this is hoping that external feeds always include a keyword or a domain name that can be checked.

However, we do now store the original item URL for imported feeds. We could expand filters to check that. In other words, if you’re importing an RSS feed for Letterboxd it’s always going to have letterboxd.com in those URLs, even if the link isn’t exposed in the blog post text.

These are just some of the filters I use to auto-add categories