Additional Feeds for Micro.blog timeline

BTW I managed to figure out the replies-only feed. Just added a filter for @pratik in siftrss.

1 Like

I’ve updated the footer in the experimental feeds to have different emoji depending on whether the post looks like a reply or not. So, in Feedbin, a search query like content:"📄 Conversation" should return only original posts, while content:"💬 Conversation" should return only replies (posts with at least one @ character).

Notice that it might take a while before you see this change in Feedbin. If you’re impatient, remove the feed and add it again.

1 Like

Thank you for your replies. Much appreciated :pray:t2: I shall get back to this in the next couple of days and let you know what I find.

Does this mean you’re adding a marker/memory so apps keep your place in the timeline? This big gap is why many of us resort to feeds (with @sod fixes) instead of the apps that constantly lose your place or skipping things.

Eventually we’d like to have that in the official apps, and third-party apps could offer that now. To be clear, I love that we have a bunch of feeds, and we’ll keep adding more… The part you quoted was just me commenting on how feeds can’t exactly replace regular apps and why it hasn’t been a priority to have extra feeds for things the official apps can’t even do.

The main feed that is missing is a generic “mentions” feed that doesn’t require authorization, similar to the webmentions one but a little simpler. That’s the next thing to add.