Omnibear not working?

Anyone else use the chrome extension “omnibear”? It recently stopped working for me and I see it hasn’t been updated in a couple of years. Any alternatives? I have the desktop app, but I’d prefer something integrated into the browser if there is anything out there…

There is a bookmarket: Posting to Micro.blog using a Bookmarklet

Other than that the community isn’t really into browser extensions and the like. I’m pretty sure most of the developers in the community basically just use Safari on a Mac.

Gratitude for this bookmarklet! :pray:

This lets me post from my Windows work laptop browser, which is something I’ve been wanting to do for years. I have a MacBook for home and am embarrassed for options there, but really wanted a way to quick-post stuff I ran across at work.

I’ll test Omnibear again too… It’s probably something simple we can adjust so that it works again.

I’ve combined the bookmarklet with the “powerlet” chrome extension to basically reproduce the experience of Omnibear.

I tested Omnibear again and it appears to be working fine with Micro.blog. Doesn’t look like it is maintained anymore but should still work at least for basic posting and bookmarks.

Repost on Omnibear does not work. It gives an error with no additional information.

I used to use Omnibear but again, it’s not consistent enough for me to trust it all the time. Also, have never liked Omnibear. Looks clunky and not polished and as Manton said, perhaps it’s no longer being supported.

I don’t think the “repost” feature in Omnibear works, because Micro.blog doesn’t have exactly the same concept of retweet or boost posts. Maybe it should create a quoted post instead? I haven’t looked at this part of Omnibear, although I know that regular posts and bookmarks did work.

Maybe this is something we can provide a better error message for, though.