Markdown import going nowhere

I have bunch of markdown files that I’ve been trying to import. Nothing ever makes it to my post list, even though I get no errors or anything.

Do I have to format the frontmatter in a specific way? I tried any way I could think of. Supposedly, micro.blog accepts front matter info for title, category and tags (among others), but not the way I tried it.

Any ideas?

The logs might give you a clue as to what is going on.

1 Like

Hm, I see a whole lot of “Import: Invalid date”

I successfully imported blog posts the other day with dates formatted like this: 2022-10-09 13:34.

1 Like

Does that mean dates inside the text? Or do the posts have to be named by date?

It’s about the date variable in the YAML front matter. Here’s a complete, but short, blog post that I imported successfully just now.

lorem.md

---
title: Hello World!
date: 2022-10-09 13:34
---
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Donec ac tempor ipsum. Proin finibus urna ac congue iaculis. Maecenas id eros blandit, cursus neque in, imperdiet diam.

1 Like

I don’t have dates in my front matter, so that’s a must, I take it? Is there really no manual for this? I just need a simple list of requirements for imported markdown files.

The Micro.blog documentation is available here on the forum, the link Help Contents at the top. There’s a separate page where the Markdown import is (sparsely) documented.

It dosen’t explicitly mention that date is required but, based on my experiments, I think it is.

1 Like

Yes, dates are required by the static site generator (Hugo) that Micro.blog uses.

1 Like

I’ll be damned, that did it. Thank you very much, I wouldn’t have gotten that in a million years.