Linking Mastodon and Micro.blog

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to chime in with a potential workaround for the OP. Instead of cross-posting to your mastodon account, you could enable ActivityPub on your Micro account, then follow it from Masto.

Once you’ve followed it, enable notifications for new posts. Then when you publish new posts on Micro, you will get a notification on Masto (so you don’t have to go hunting for the new post on Masto).

All you need do then, is boost the Micro post with your Masto account. Then, if anyone replies to your post, they will be replying to your Micro post and you should (I think) get webmentions back to your Micro account.

That’s what I’m doing, at least. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

That’s actually a very good idea, @kq. Thank you very much, I’ll try it right away. Thanks!

1 Like

Good idea. But for now at least, cross-posts to Mastodon are formatted much nicer than the native ActivityPub view of the blog. Cross-posts are 500 characters with paragraph breaks, while the native ActivityPub view is 300 characters, with paragraph breaks stripped out.

So I have cross-posting to Mastodon switched on. But now I’m thinking maybe I’ll try your suggestion.

UPDATE: That’s done. I’ve switched off mastodon cross-posting and will boost instead.

1 Like