Grouping and sorting archives by year and month

It’s just that Hugo lacks support for easily implementing this. There’s actually an open issue since 2014.

There are workarounds, like Using Taxonomies to Create Monthly Archives in Hugo. (The same technique could be used to create daily archives.)

Another workaround would be to solve it on the client-side, using JavaScript.

1 Like

@crossingthethreshold @pratik I haven’t made it responsive and I need to do some work to make it more parameterizable etc (some things here don’t work because I don’t maintain my test blog), but this is what I’ve got for a new theme so far if you’d like to peek/provide feedback.

It’s a ground up rewrite for me that’s meant to be turned into a plug-in theme eventually.

2 Likes

This looks great, Jason. Currently, I’m using Amit’s Musing theme for the chronological within-day sorting and have made some tweaks, as you may have seen. I love the sans serif and strong colors in your theme that highlight the day separation. The photo embeds are currently broken in the gallery so like to see that with your Light plugin enabled (hope that’s built in support). I’m a big fan of footnotes so also love your Bigfoot.

Possible to add a subtitle for the theme? Also, now I think I prefer the wide width for the text instead of the narrow one that I have on my blog now.

Would love to test it out once you can share.

Yeah the images and glightbox will work— I just don’t have it installed on my test blog and the images that post references have moved. Where would you put the subtitle?

In a smaller font size below the title.

This does look good. Thank you for your efforts. Like @pratik, the sans serif font works well for me. I notice, where I can sans serif fonts are my preference.

@pimoore - is this part of your long weekend project?

It could be… :wink: