So you’ve created an account on Micro.blog. Thanks! We’re glad to have you. Here are the steps to take next.
First, create a new microblog or tell Micro.blog about your existing blog:
- If you don’t have an existing blog, consider letting Micro.blog host it for you by choosing “Plans” → “New Microblog”. You’ll get everything you need: a new blog, posting from the web or iPhone, photo hosting, and the ability to map a personal domain name to your blog.
- If you already have a blog, such as one based on WordPress, connect it to Micro.blog by adding the feed URL to your account under Account → “Edit Feeds”. Now all your blog posts will appear under your Micro.blog profile and in the timeline of friends who are following you.
Second, verify that you are the author of your microblog:
- If you have a Micro.blog-hosted blog, this is handled for you automatically. Otherwise you can follow these instructions.
Next, follow other Micro.blog users:
- You can find users in the Discover section. It’s a selection of some of the latest posts on Micro.blog.
- Be sure to add your own “about me” text under Account in Micro.blog on the web.
Finally, get the iPhone app:
- Micro.blog includes an iOS app to make posting on-the-go easier. The app is a universal app for iPhone and iPad. You can download it on the App Store.
- The iPhone app can post to Micro.blog-hosted blogs, WordPress blogs, and microblogs that support the Micropub API. To post to an external blog, tap Settings and select “WordPress or compatible weblog”.