In addition to the official iOS app, there is a growing list of third-party apps that work with Micro.blog. Because Micro.blog supports the Micropub API for hosted blogs, many existing Micropub clients can be used to post to Micro.blog. Here are a few that we’ve tested with:
- Quill — Web browser client that can post to Micro.blog and upload photos.
- OwnYourGram — Automatically posts your Instagram photos to your microblog.
- OwnYourSwarm — Automatically posts your Swarm check-ins to your microblog.
- IndieBookClub — Post what books you’re reading to Micro.blog.
- Omnibear — Chrome or Firefox extension for simple posting.
- Micropublish — Another web client for posting notes or reposts.
There are also some apps specifically for Micro.blog:
- Icro — iOS app for Micro.blog with timeline, posting, and more.
- Dialog — Android app in public beta.
- TodayPoster — macOS Today Widget for posting.
- MicroBlog Desktop — macOS app built with Electron.
If you have any issues connecting from a Micropub client, see our help page about OwnYourGram for tips.