Mac users can use the native Micro.blog for Mac app. It’s a free download and supports most of the same features as the iOS version.
Download the latest version here. It requires macOS 10.12 Sierra.
When you first launch the app, it will prompt to sign in via your web browser. If you’re already signed in on the web, it will prompt to redirect back to the Mac version.
If you’re using a Micro.blog-hosted weblog, you can use File → New Post to start a new blog post. If you’re using WordPress or another server, first open the preferences window and enter your web site URL to set it up for posting within the app.
1.3.2 (July 12, 2018)
- Updated who someone is following to show users you don’t follow yet.
1.3.1 (May 4, 2018)
- Fixed creating replies from Instagram import. Micro.blog now removes the “@” if an Instagram caption begins with an Instagram username.
1.3 (May 3, 2018)
- Added Instagram archive import. File → Import from Instagram.
- Fixed width/height attributes on external blog posts for non-square photos.
1.2.1 (Mar 27, 2018)
- Fixed clearing out all account settings when choosing File → Sign Out.
- Fixed saving the current text as a draft.
1.2 (Mar 26, 2018)
- Added multiple account support. You can add a new account in the preferences window.
- Added switching between multiple Micro.blog-hosted blogs when you have more than one on the same account. Click the hostname at the bottom of the posting view.
- Fixed underscores in URLs showing italics in Markdown.
- Fixed using font size preference in Discover.
1.1.4 (Jan 29, 2018)
- Added View → Title Field menu item to show or hide the title field. Title still automatically shows when typing over 280 characters, but won’t disappear.
- Fixed character count to reflect characters used in published blog post, without markup.
- Fixed keyboard shortcut for Format → Link menu item.
- Fixed opening Micro.blog conversations from a link in the timeline.
1.1.3 (Jan 19, 2018)
- Fixed compatibility with some XML-RPC servers.
- Fixed crash on discover link and when Micro.blog servers are down.
- Fixed crash pasting images into a new post.
- Updated user profile to truncate very long descriptions.
1.1.2 (Jan 8, 2018)
- Fixed opening some types of Micro.blog URLs in the app.
- Changed keyboard shortcut for Format → Link to ⌘-K to match other apps.
1.1.1 (Jan 4, 2018)
- Added support for starting a new post with a URL: microblog://post?text=Hello
- Fixed Markdown highlighting for underscores in usernames or links.
- Fixed photo upload for Movable Type blogs.
- Fixed pasting from some copied Safari links.
- Fixed crash on startup when no internet connection.
- Fixed handling some links to the Micro.blog web site from the timeline.
1.1 (Dec 19, 2017)
- Added new Mac app icon!
- Added a “Show More” button to load more posts in the timeline.
- Fixed opening main window when clicking on Dock icon.
- Fixed not refreshing user information and profile photo on launch.
- Fixed XML-RPC issues with some custom blogging servers.
1.0 (Nov 6, 2017)
- First release. (There were earlier betas starting Oct 14, 2017. Thanks to everyone who tried the beta!)