Skipping double at sign?

I saw that blog.loish.net both redirects to Lois van Baarle’s Tumbler log and @blog.loish.net to @loish@mastodon.art without any problems.

How is this done, and could I do something similar with micro∙blog?

It would prettify the ugly @renevanbelzen@micro.blog format into @renevanbelzen.micro.blog, or whatever domain and subdomain I’d prefer to use in the Fediverse.

I’m assuming you are talking about Micro.blog’s search function, where you can search for websites (domain names) and Micro.blog/Mastodon/ActivityPub usernames.

In that context, blog.loish.net and @blog.loish.net will give you Lois’ Tumblr feed. They are synonyms. In the same way, you can search for www.renevanbelzen.nl and @www.renevanbelzen.nl to find your blog’s feed.

So it’s not anything she has done, it’s just the way Micro.blog works. You can follow any blog/website by its domain name (as long as it presents a web feed).

@loish@mastodon.art, on the other hand, will give you her Mastodon feed. It’s separate from her Tumblr blog.

Thanks! That clears thing up. I suppose she has some way to put her Tumblr feed on Mastodon. I believe it’s done with a bot account, but I’m not sure. On micro∙blog it’s much easier to do, since it’s all built in.