Hi-res Avatars

I’m customising my theme at the minute and want to stick a big old avatar on the page.

{{ .Site.Author.avatar }} gives me my Avatar as a 200x200 image, but I’m wondering if a higher-res version is saved anywhere I can get to?

Also, I wanted to add a question: Is it possible to click on the avatar and see a larger version? The new pop-up feature on the web is useful, though.

Currently we save a couple different sizes of the avatar… For podcasts, we save a PNG version that is much larger, and you could link to that even if you don’t have a podcast:

https://micro.blog/your-username/podcast.png

If that’s too big, we could consider a slightly larger JPEG version. You could also upload your own image to the Uploads section and link to it directly.

1 Like

I would like to revisit this topic for future releases if possible. I’m just looking for something in-between the avatar and podcast.png sizes.

I’m trying to get something 1:1 and 1000px that I could put into my template.

Maybe allow for .Site.Author.avatar to have different values?

@manton @vincent
Should this be in the feature request thread? I can put it there if it would be easier to track.

I wonder if this is something that could be added as a plug-in somehow… Not sure there’s enough functionality for plug-ins to override, though. The idea is you could upload your own separate profile photo at 1000px and then change the config.json file to use it.

This now works in the official Micro.blog app. You have to click on the avatar on the profile page though and not on the timeline.

THAT’S Brilliant!
Do you have a link to the micro.blog icon that is 800x800 or 1000x1000 that I can use as a fallback?