Feature suggestion: Showing replies by default on hosted blogs

I think micro.blog should include replies of a user on the platform to their hosted micro blog by default. It’s a great way for people to discover conversations of someone they already follow, conversations that the user has chosen to be public anyway. Plus, replies sit inside a nicely tucked menu anyway, so it doesn’t interfere with the main blog feed. Thoughts?

I think I agree… Both the replies page and also the option to show conversations under a blog post were added fairly recently, but I think if we were starting over they would be on by default.

1 Like

I think this should be balanced with making it easier to surface Webmentions alongside them when people mention your hosted microblog post url in their own indepedent sites.
Otherwise you might lose sense of indepedent site.
The balance between an independent blog & a social network sitting on top of them is M.b’s USP and a subtle balance should be kept.

I have seen a Replies page on some themes. How do I add it for the theme that I’m using right now (Ink theme) or for other themes?

The Replies page can be enabled under the Account screen: “Include my replies on”. It should work with all themes.

I have but no such page on my blog.

Maybe I spoke too soon. The page is there, sort of (Replies - Pratik) but looks like it does need some tweaks for that theme. Thanks.

Great. I just added a Page called Replies and it showed up in the menu with the replies in it. There are a couple of replies in there that make me go Huh? See ones that say Replies (the second one from the top) and a little below, 2022s