Cross posting to Wordpress

Is it possible to automatically cross post to my Wordpress blog?

Cross-posting to WordPress isn’t a built-in feature, but there’s a WordPress plugin that will pull posts from a Micro.blog-hosted blog into WordPress: Feed Importer for Micro.blog – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

1 Like

Hi @manton ! Does exist a way to do this with a personal wordpress account?

Hello and welcome, @felipe! :tada:

With “personal wordpress account,” do you imply the Personal plan offered by WordPress.com? If so: no, it doesn’t look like it’s possible. That plan won’t allow the installation of plug-ins.

There might be other ways, but it would probably require scripting or programming. Or at least some type of integration using Zapier or a similar service.

That’s just the point that I meant about the WP account.

Thanks @sod ! :blush::+1:t4:

Using this with WordPress.com (without plugins) might be a good reason for us to build posting to WordPress directly into Micro.blog. I’ll have to think about that some more. (The iOS and macOS apps can post to WordPress one post at a time, but not the backend for mirroring blog posts.)

3 Likes

I’d love to have this feature too! I currently autoshare links of my longform blogs to my Wordpress.com blog via dlvr.it but it doesn’t work well when trying to crosspost an entire post, which is what would be better for micro.blog posts most of which are micro.

Sadly, that plugin isn’t compatible with current versions of Wordpress. +1 for a built-in cross-posting to Wordpress solution. Thanks!

1 Like

I’d also love to see native cross-posting to WordPress for the reasons already mentioned, mainly restrictions on installing plugins for WP.com users. With existing cross-posting possibilities and filters, this would allow micro.blog to be a source of truth for all posting.

I’d also love to see this, especially given that it seems I’m going to be winding down one microblogging service very soon…