Getting a token for a specific blog

I was exploring how to create an action in Drafts to choose which blog to post to when one has two or more blogs under the same ID. I have a thread going on the Drafts forum and it was suggested that I find out how to “get a Micropub token for a specific blog.”

I’m aware that I am stretching my own knowledge and know how, but hoping that I can learn something in the process…as well as create the action!

There’s no way to get a token that uses a specific blog, but I do want to add that. Instead, there’s a special parameter “mp-destination” that can be used when posting through the Micropub API to target a specific blog, e.g. “mp-destination=https://you.micro.blog/”. Probably the best overview is if you search for “mp-destination” in this draft chapter about Micropub.

It should be possible to edit the Drafts action to use this. Let us know if you have any questions.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll take a look and get back to you if I have any questions.

I now have two separate actions in Drafts to post to two blogs under the same ID. @agiletortoise kindly helped with the scripting. Thank you for your help.