ℹ️ Frequently asked questions

What is Micro.blog? — A new social network and publishing platform for independent microblogs, created by Manton Reece.

What are the paid plans on Micro.blog for? — Micro.blog is free for basic accounts and paid for extra features. Micro.blog can host your microblog for $5/month, including cross-posting to other social media platforms. If you host your own microblog, you can also use this plan for cross-posting from your external blog. See this help page for more details on pricing.

How do I get the Micro.blog iOS app? — The app is available for download on the App Store. There are also several third-party apps available, including apps for Android users.

How do I follow other Micro.blog users? — Check out the Discover tab, a curated timeline of recent posts by Micro.blog community members. See this help page for more tips on finding new people to follow.

What is the difference between username.micro.blog and micro.blog/username? Shouldn’t these point to the same thing? — URLs with username.micro.blog are independent sites, hosted by Micro.blog. They could just as easily be mydomain.com. The micro.blog/username page has all your posts — possibly from multiple feeds — as well as the Follow button.

Why do I see all replies in the timeline, even those directed at people I don’t follow? — We wanted to show all replies by default to make it easier to find new users to follow. You can change this setting under Account → Timeline on the web.

Back to Micro.blog Help Table of Contents